RAD I PROJECT #14-14 RENOVATIONS
to John F. Kennedy Towers
Modernization of 99 units located in a 7 story High Rise. Located at 315 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Evansville, IN (IN36P0160067)
1.1 Summary of Work:
- Install new kitchen cabinets and countertops. (99 Total)
- Install new acoustical ceiling tile and grid in all units and corridors.
- Install new VCT and Vinyl base in units and corridors. (80 units)
- Paint all walls, door frames, and ceilings in all locations.
- Install new latch handle door hardware throughout.
- Install new metal entry doors from corridor into units and in all common areas. (104 doors)
- Install new signage on entry doors. (104)
- Refinish Exterior wood doors to balconies (105)
- Caulk and paint all exterior door frames at balconies. (105)
- Extend railing height to 42” at all balconies and paint all exterior railings. (105)
- Repair concrete damage at balconies. (40)
- Install new energy star refrigerators in all units.(99)
- Install new hollow core swinging doors at all current accordion door locations. (150)
- Add walls and new hollow core doors at electric panels. (65 Units)
- Demolish kitchen walls, to “open up” cabinet areas. (34 Units)
- Add exhaust hood at range. (99 units)
- Install new light fixtures in all room in all units.
- Add GFI receptacles near sinks and relocate receptacles directly over sinks.
- Install new smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in bedrooms and halls in all units. (154)
- Remove existing Sanitary Sewer Risers and replace with PVC. (24 Risers, 12 @ 50’, 12 @ 60’)
- Install new Fire Alarm panel. (1)
- Install new fire alarm pull stations in corridors. (12 - on floors 2-7)
- Build new fire rated wall enclosure at trash chute. (6 - on floors 2-7)
- Replace all electrical switches and receptacles in corridors and units.
- Install new flooring in elevators. (2)
- Remove damaged brick panels on exterior. (26)
- Add new mail boxes. (99)
- Add new lettering to the building sign.
- Cut sidewalk at entry and add drainage for downspouts.
- Rework landscaping at entry.
1.2 WORK RESTRICTIONS
A. Contractor’s Use of Premises: During construction, Contractor will have full use of site indicated. Contractor’s use of premises is limited only by Owner’s right to perform work or employ other contractors on portions of Project.
B. Owner will occupy units. Contractor is to coordinate with owner.
*Work items listed above are subject to change.